کاربر نگاه دانلود
عضویت
2015/11/27
ارسالی ها
امتیاز واکنش
امتیاز
محل سکونت
TEHRAN
When Dick was six years old, he went and stayed with his grandparents in the country for a few weeks in the summer. He talked a lot with his grandmother while he was there, and she told him a lot of interesting things about their family which he had not known before. When he came home again to his own parents, he said to his father, "Is it true that I was born in London, Daddy?"

"Yes, it is, Dick," his father answered.

"And were you really born in Germany?" Dick asked.

"Yes, that's right," his father answered. "I was."

"And is it true that Mummy was born in Ireland?" Dick continued.

His father said, "Yes, it is, but why are you asking me all these questions?"

Dick answered, "Because when Granny told me all those things while I was with her, I couldn't understand how we had all met."

• پیشنهادات
  • dr.javaheri

کاربر نگاه دانلود
    کاربر نگاه دانلود
    عضویت
    2015/11/27
    ارسالی ها
    امتیاز واکنش
    امتیاز
    محل سکونت
    TEHRAN
    An important businessman went to see his doctor because he could not sleep at night. The doctor examined him carefully and then said to him, "Your trouble is that you need to learn to relax. Have you got any hobbies?"

The businessman thought for a few moments and then said, "No, doctor, I haven't. I don't have any time for hobbies."

"Well," the doctor answered, "that is your main trouble, you see. You don't have time for anything except your work. You must find some hobbies, and you must learn to refax with them, or you'll be dead in less than five years. Why don't you learn to paint pictures?"

"All right, doctor," the businessman said. "I'll try that."

The next day he telephoned the doctor and said, "That was a very good idea of yours, doctor. Thank you very much. I've already painted fifteen pictures since I saw you."

dr.javaheri

کاربر نگاه دانلود
    کاربر نگاه دانلود
    عضویت
    2015/11/27
    ارسالی ها
    امتیاز واکنش
    امتیاز
    محل سکونت
    TEHRAN
    When Dave Perkins was young, he played a lot of games, and he was thin and strong, but when he was forty-five, he began to get fat and slow. He was not able to breathe as well as before, and when he walked rather fast, his heart heat painfully.

He did not do anything about this for a long time, but finally he became anxious and went to see a doctor, and the doctor sent him to hospital. Another young doctor examined him there and said, "I don't want to mislead you, Mr Perkins. You're very ill, and I believe that you are unlikely to live much longer. Would you like me to arrange for anybody to come and see you before you die?"

Dave thought for a few seconds and then he answered, "I'd like another doctor to come and see me

dr.javaheri

کاربر نگاه دانلود
    کاربر نگاه دانلود
    عضویت
    2015/11/27
    ارسالی ها
    امتیاز واکنش
    امتیاز
    محل سکونت
    TEHRAN
    Joe was one of those people who love the sound of their own voice. He never had anything interesting to say, but he talked and talked and talked, and every story he told reminded him of another one, so that he never stopped for a second to let anybody else say anything.

One evening he was invited to a party by someone whom he had met only a few days before and who did not know him very well yet. They had a good meal, and then they had some music and dancing. Joe danced once with a pretty girl and then suggested that they should sit and talk. He talked and talked and talked, and was just beginning, "And that reminds me of the time . . . ," when the girl said, "The time? Yes, you're quite right!" She looked at her watch quickly and said, "Look how fate it is. I must go."

dr.javaheri

کاربر نگاه دانلود
    کاربر نگاه دانلود
    عضویت
    2015/11/27
    ارسالی ها
    امتیاز واکنش
    امتیاز
    محل سکونت
    TEHRAN
    Matthew Hobbs was sixteen years old. He had been at the same school for five years, and he had always been a very bad pupil. He was lazy, he fought with other pupils, he was rude to the teachers, and he did not obey the rules of the school. His headmaster tried to make him work and behave better, but he was never successful-and the worst thing was that, as Matthew grew older, he was a bad influence on the younger boys.

Then at last Matthew left school. He tried to get a job with a big company, and the manager wrote to the headmaster to find out what he could say about Matthew.

The headmaster wanted to be honest, but he also did not want to be too hard, so he wrote, "If you can get Matthew Hobbs to work for you, you will be very lucky."

dr.javaheri

کاربر نگاه دانلود
    کاربر نگاه دانلود
    عضویت
    2015/11/27
    ارسالی ها
    امتیاز واکنش
    امتیاز
    محل سکونت
    TEHRAN
    Harry came to his mother one morning while she was having her breakfast, and said to her, "No one at my school likes me, Mother. The teachers don't, and the children don't. Even the cleaners and the bus drivers hate me."

"Well, Harry," his mother answered, "perhaps you aren't very nice to them. If a few people don't like a person, he or she may not be responsible for that; but if a lot of people don't, there's usually something wrong, and that person really needs to change."

"I'm too old to change," Harry said. "I don't want to go to school."

"Don't be silly, Harry," his mother said, going towards the garage to get the car out. "You have to go. You're quite well, and you still have a lot of things to learn. And besides that, you're the headmaster of the school."

dr.javaheri

کاربر نگاه دانلود
    کاربر نگاه دانلود
    عضویت
    2015/11/27
    ارسالی ها
    امتیاز واکنش
    امتیاز
    محل سکونت
    TEHRAN
    Mrs Watson was a doctor's wife. She had a nice neighbour, Mrs Potts. They often did each other's shopping.

One day, Mrs Potts had to go to Dr Watson because she was ill, so Mrs Watson said, "I'll do your shopping today, Beryl." Mrs Potts told her that she only wanted a sheep's kidney.

Mrs Watson went to the shops, and when she came back, she went to Mrs Potts's house, but she was not there, so she went to her own house. She looked in her husband's waiting-room, but Mrs Potts was not there either, so she went into her husband's office. Her husband told her that Mrs Potts had just left him and gone to the lavatory.

Mrs Watson ran out into the crowded waiting-room just in time to catch Mrs Potts. She shouted, "Here's your kidney!" and ran and gave her the parcel.

dr.javaheri

کاربر نگاه دانلود
    کاربر نگاه دانلود
    عضویت
    2015/11/27
    ارسالی ها
    امتیاز واکنش
    امتیاز
    محل سکونت
    TEHRAN
    Jim was intelligent, but he hated hard work. He said, "You work hard, and earn a lot of money, and then the government takes most of it. I want easy work that gives me lots of money and that the government doesn't know about."

So he became a thief-but he did not do the stealing: he got others to do it. They were much less intelligent than he was, so he arranged everything and told them what to do.

One day they were looking for rich families to rob, and Jim sent one of them to a large beautiful house just outside the town.

It was evening, and when the man looked through one of the windows, he saw a young man and a girl playing a duet on a piano.

When he went back to Jim, he said, "That family can't have much money. Two people were playing on the same piano there."

dr.javaheri

کاربر نگاه دانلود
    کاربر نگاه دانلود
    عضویت
    2015/11/27
    ارسالی ها
    امتیاز واکنش
    امتیاز
    محل سکونت
    TEHRAN
    Fred sometimes liked to go to a bar to have a drink before he went home after work. There were some tables and chairs in the bar, but it was too early for most people when Fred was there, so he seldom found anyone to talk to.

Then one evening he went into the bar and saw a man playing draughts at a table, but he could not see anyone in the chair opposite him. He went nearer to look, and was very surprised to see that the man was playing against a dog. When it had to move one of its draughts, it stood on its back legs on the chair.

Fred watched while the two played their game, and when the dog lost, Fred went up to its owner and said, "I've never seen such a clever dog before."

"Well," answered the other man, "he isn't really very clever. I always win."

dr.javaheri

کاربر نگاه دانلود
    کاربر نگاه دانلود
    عضویت
    2015/11/27
    ارسالی ها
    امتیاز واکنش
    امتیاز
    محل سکونت
    TEHRAN
    Henry was from the United States and he had come to London for a holiday.

One day he was not feeling well, so he went to the clerk at the desk of his hotel and said, "I want to see a doctor. Can you give me the name of a good one?"

The clerk looked in a book and then said, "Dr Kenneth Grey, 61010."

Henry said, "Thank you very much. Is he expensive?"

"Well," the clerk answered, "he always charges his patients two pounds for their first visit to him, and 1.50 for later visits."

Henry decided to save 50p, so when he went to see the doctor, he said, "I've come again, doctor."

For a few seconds the doctor looked at his face carefully without saying anything. Then he nodded and said, "Oh, yes." He examined him and then said, "Everything's going as it should do. Just continue with the medicine I gave you last time."

وضعیت
    موضوع بسته شده است.

برخی موضوعات مشابه

بالا