کاربر نگاه دانلود
عضویت
2015/11/27
ارسالی ها
امتیاز واکنش
امتیاز
محل سکونت
TEHRAN
When Pat was twenty-one years old, he began to work in a small office in a city. At first he never travelled anywhere, but then he became a little more important, and he began to go to other cities for a few days to do some work there. Of course, he stayed in small hotels, when he was away from his home, but he did not know very much about living in hotels at first.

One evening when he was staying in a small hotel in Sheffield, he came back from the office and said to the clerk at the desk in the hotel, "Good evening. Did any letters come for me today, please?"

The clerk was busy, but when he finished his work, he went to a big pile of letters and said, "What name, please?"

"Well," answered Pat, "the name will be on the letters."

• پیشنهادات
  • dr.javaheri

کاربر نگاه دانلود
    کاربر نگاه دانلود
    عضویت
    2015/11/27
    ارسالی ها
    امتیاز واکنش
    امتیاز
    محل سکونت
    TEHRAN
    Mr Reece was a farmer. He and his wife grew a lot of things and they had a few cows. They worked very hard. One day, Mr Reece said to his wife, "Let's go to Portsmouth next Sunday. We can have a good lunch there, and then we can go to the cinema."

His wife was very happy when she heard this, because she and her husband always ate a lot, and she did not like cooking three times a day every day.

They went to Portsmouth by train and walked about for an hour. Then, when it was 12 o'clock, they wanted to have a meal. They looked at several restaurants. In one of them there was a notice outside: "Lunch: 12.30 to 2.30: £1.50."

"Well, that's good," Mrs Reece said. "We can eat for two hours for £1.50 here! This is the place for us."

dr.javaheri

کاربر نگاه دانلود
    کاربر نگاه دانلود
    عضویت
    2015/11/27
    ارسالی ها
    امتیاز واکنش
    امتیاز
    محل سکونت
    TEHRAN
    John lived with his mother in a rather big house, and when she died, the house became too big for him so he bought a smaller one in the next street. There was a very nice old clock in his first house, and when the men came to take his furniture to the new house, John thought, "I'm not going to let them carry my beautiful old clock in their truck. Perhaps they'll break it, and then mending it will be very expensive."

So he picked it up and began to carry it down the road in his arms.

It was heavy, so he stopped two or three times to have a rest.

Then suddenly a small boy came along the road. He stopped and looked at John for a few seconds. Then he said to John, "You're a stupid man, aren't you? Why don't you buy a watch like everybody else?"

dr.javaheri

کاربر نگاه دانلود
    کاربر نگاه دانلود
    عضویت
    2015/11/27
    ارسالی ها
    امتیاز واکنش
    امتیاز
    محل سکونت
    TEHRAN
    Two soldiers were in camp. The first one's name was George, and the second one's name was Bill. George said, "Have you got a piece of paper and an envelope, Bill?"

Bill said, "Yes, I have," and he gave them to him.

Then George said, "Now I haven't got a pen." Bill gave him his, and George wrote his letter. Then he put it in the envelope and said, "Have you got a stamp, Bill?" Bill gave him one.

Then Bill got up and went to the door, so George said to him, "Are you going out?"

Bill said, "Yes, I am," and he opened the door.

George said, "Please put my letter in the box in the office, and . . ." He stopped.

"What do you want now?" Bill said to him.

George looked at the envelope of his letter and answered, "What's your girl-friend's address?"

dr.javaheri

کاربر نگاه دانلود
    کاربر نگاه دانلود
    عضویت
    2015/11/27
    ارسالی ها
    امتیاز واکنش
    امتیاز
    محل سکونت
    TEHRAN
    General Pershing was a famous American officer. He was in the American army, and fought in Europe in the First World War.

After he died, some people in his home town wanted to remember him, so they put up a big statue of him on a horse.

There was a school near the statue, and some of the boys passed it every day on their way to school and again on their way home. After a few months some of them began to say, "Good morning, Pershing", whenever they passed the statue, and soon all the boys at the school were doing this.

One Saturday one of the smallest of these boys was walking to the shops with his mother when he passed the statue. He said, "Good morning, Pershing" to it, but then he stopped and said to his mother, "I like Pershing very much. Ma, but who's that funny man on his back?"

dr.javaheri

کاربر نگاه دانلود
    کاربر نگاه دانلود
    عضویت
    2015/11/27
    ارسالی ها
    امتیاز واکنش
    امتیاز
    محل سکونت
    TEHRAN
    Jack worked in an office in a small town. One day his boss said to him, "Jack, I want you to go to Manchester, to an office there, to see Mr Brown. Here's the address."

Jack went to Manchester by train. He left the station, and thought, "The office isn't far from the station. I'll find it easily."

But after an hour he was still looking for it, so he stopped and asked an old lady. She said, "Go straight along this street, turn to the left at the end, and it's the second building on the right." Jack went and found it.

A few days later he went to the same city, but again he did not find the office, so he asked someone the way. It was the same old lady! She was very surprised and said, "Are you still looking for that place?"

dr.javaheri

کاربر نگاه دانلود
    کاربر نگاه دانلود
    عضویت
    2015/11/27
    ارسالی ها
    امتیاز واکنش
    امتیاز
    محل سکونت
    TEHRAN
    When Billy was very small, he loved pictures. His mother often drew some for him on old pieces of paper. She was very bad at drawing, but Billy enjoyed her pictures and always wanted more.

Then, when he was a little older, Billy's mother gave him some pencils and a drawing book, and he began drawing pictures too, but they were never good.

When Billy was five years old, his mother gave him a small blackboard, some pieces of chalk and a duster. He liked those very much. One day he was trying to draw a picture of his father on the blackboard. He drew lines and rubbed them out, drew more and rubbed those out too for ten minutes, but when he looked at his picture he was not happy.

"Well," he said at last to his mother, I'll put a tail on it and make it a monkey."

dr.javaheri

کاربر نگاه دانلود
    کاربر نگاه دانلود
    عضویت
    2015/11/27
    ارسالی ها
    امتیاز واکنش
    امتیاز
    محل سکونت
    TEHRAN
    There were men soldiers and women soldiers in an army camp, and every Sunday morning they all went to church, but a lot of the soldiers did not like it much. There was a choir of men soldiers, and Captain Jones was trying to find women soldiers to sing in it too, but none of the ones in the camp offered to do this.

Then one day Captain Jones saw a new girl soldier. She was a tall, very beautiful girl. Captain Jones went to her and said, "Will you come and sing in the choir at our church, please?"

The girl was very surprised and said, "But, sir, I can't sing at all!"

"Oh, that's all right," answered Captain Jones. "That doesn't matter at all. You don't need to sing: I only want someone to keep the men soldiers looking in front of them when they are in the church."

dr.javaheri

کاربر نگاه دانلود
    کاربر نگاه دانلود
    عضویت
    2015/11/27
    ارسالی ها
    امتیاز واکنش
    امتیاز
    محل سکونت
    TEHRAN
    Len was thirty years old, and he had very long hair. He lived in a big city, but one year he did not find any work there, so he went to a small town and began looking for work there. He went to a lot of places, but nobody wanted him.

Then he met an old friend, and this man said to him, "People in this town don't like long hair. Why don't you go to a barber? He can cut a lot of it off and then you can get some work."

Len went to a barber and said, "Please cut most of my hair off." The barber began. He cut and cut for a long time and then he said to Len, "Were you in the army a few years ago?"

"Yes, I was," Len answered. "Why did you ask that?"

"Because I've found your cap," the barber said.

dr.javaheri

کاربر نگاه دانلود
    کاربر نگاه دانلود
    عضویت
    2015/11/27
    ارسالی ها
    امتیاز واکنش
    امتیاز
    محل سکونت
    TEHRAN
    Mr and Mrs Taylor had one child. He was a boy, he was seven years old, and his name was Pat. Now Mrs Taylor was expecting another child.

Pat had seen babies in other people's houses and had not liked them very much, so he was not delighted about the news that there was soon going to be one in his house too.

One evening Mr and Mrs Taylor were making plans for the baby's arrival. "This house won't be big enough for us all when the baby comes. I suppose we'll have to find a larger house and move to that," said Mr Taylor finally.

Pat had been playing outside, but he came into the room just then and said, "What are you talking about?"

"We were saying that we'll have to move to another house now, because the new baby's coming," his mother answered.

"It's no use," said Pat hopelessly. "He'll follow us there."

وضعیت
    موضوع بسته شده است.

برخی موضوعات مشابه

بالا