کاربر نگاه دانلود
عضویت
2015/11/27
ارسالی ها
امتیاز واکنش
امتیاز
محل سکونت
TEHRAN
Miss Williams was a teacher, and there were thirty small children in her class. They were nice children, and Miss Williams liked all of them, but they often lost clothes. It was winter, and the weather was very cold. The children's mothers always sent them to school with warm coats and hats and gloves. The children came into the classroom in the morning and took off their coats and hats and gloves. They put their coats and hats on hooks on the wall, and they put their gloves in the pockets of their coats.

Last Tuesday Miss Williams found two small blue gloves on the floor in the evening, and in the morning she said to the children, "Whose gloves are these?", but no one answered.

Then she looked at Dick. "Haven't you got blue gloves, Dick?" she asked him.

"Yes, miss," he answered, "but those can't be mine. I've lost mine."

• پیشنهادات
  • dr.javaheri

کاربر نگاه دانلود
    کاربر نگاه دانلود
    عضویت
    2015/11/27
    ارسالی ها
    امتیاز واکنش
    امتیاز
    محل سکونت
    TEHRAN
    Dave worked in a factory, and he always made sandwiches in the morning, took them to work and ate them at midday.

Then he married, so he thought, "Now my wife's going to make my sandwiches."

On the first day, she made him some, and when he got home in the evening, she said to him, "Were the sandwiches all right?"

"Oh, yes," he answered, "But you only gave me two slices of bread." The next day she gave him four slices, but he said again, "Four slices aren't enough."

The third day she gave him eight slices, but those were not enough for him either, so on the fourth day she took a loaf of bread, cut it in half and put a big piece of meat in it.

In the evening she said to him, "Was your lunch nice?"

"Oh, yes," he answered. "But two slices of bread aren't enough

dr.javaheri

کاربر نگاه دانلود
    کاربر نگاه دانلود
    عضویت
    2015/11/27
    ارسالی ها
    امتیاز واکنش
    امتیاز
    محل سکونت
    TEHRAN
    Mrs Robinson was a teacher in a big school in a city in America. She had boys and girls in her class, and she always enjoyed teaching them, because they were quick, and because they thought about everything carefully. One day she said to the children, "People in a lot of countries in Asia wear white clothes at funerals, but people in America and in Europe wear white clothes when they're happy. What colour does a woman wear in this country when she marries, Mary?"

Mary said, "White, Miss, because she's happy."

"That's good, Mary," Mrs Robinson said. "You're quite right. She wears white because she's happy."

But then one of the boys in the class put his hand up.

"Yes, Dick!" Mrs Robinson said. "Do you want to ask something?" "Yes, please, Miss," Dick said. "Why do men wear black in this country when they marry, Miss?"

dr.javaheri

کاربر نگاه دانلود
    کاربر نگاه دانلود
    عضویت
    2015/11/27
    ارسالی ها
    امتیاز واکنش
    امتیاز
    محل سکونت
    TEHRAN
    few years ago, there were a lot of hijackings on aeroplanes, so now people always search passengers and their luggage at airports before they let them get into an aeroplane, because they do not want them to take guns or bombs or other dangerous things on to the plane with them.

Mr and Mrs Smith were singers, and they travelled a lot. Whenever they went by plane, people searched them and their luggage, of course.

One day, Mr Smith came to the airport, and the men searched him and his luggage first. He was ready to get on the plane. Then Mrs Smith arrived. She was late and in a hurry, but the people searched her and her bag carefully. Then Mr Smith heard her laugh and say to the men happily, "Oh, that's very good! I've looked for those scissors for several days, and now you've found them for me! Thank you very much!"

dr.javaheri

کاربر نگاه دانلود
    کاربر نگاه دانلود
    عضویت
    2015/11/27
    ارسالی ها
    امتیاز واکنش
    امتیاز
    محل سکونت
    TEHRAN
    Mick lived in the country, and he had quite a big garden. He grew vegetables, and he had some nice, fat chickens too. He sold the eggs and the meat, and got quite a lot of money for them.

His neighbour had a big garden too, and he also had vegetables and nice, fat chickens in it. There was a wire fence between the gardens, but it was very old, and the chickens often found holes in it and went through.

Now Mick wanted a new fence between his garden and his neighbour's, so Mr Biggs came to build it. Mick said to him, "Please make the fence out of strong wood. And I want a hole in it. Make it big enough for my chickens to get into my neighbour's garden and eat his vegetables, but too small for his to get into mine and eat mine."

dr.javaheri

کاربر نگاه دانلود
    کاربر نگاه دانلود
    عضویت
    2015/11/27
    ارسالی ها
    امتیاز واکنش
    امتیاز
    محل سکونت
    TEHRAN
    It was winter, and Mrs Hermann wanted to do a lot of shopping, so she waited until it was Saturday, when her husband was free, and she took him to the shops with her to pay for everything and to carry her parcels. They went to a lot of shops, and Mrs Hermann bought a lot of things. She often stopped and said, "Look, Joe! Isn't that beautiful!"

He then answered, "All right, dear. How much is it?" and took his money out to pay for it.

It was dark when they came out of the last shop, and Mr Hermann was tired and thinking about other things, like a nice drink by the side of a warm fire at home. Suddenly his wife looked up at the sky and said, "Look at that beautiful moon, Joe!"

Without stopping, Mr Hermann answered, "All right, dear. How much is it?"

dr.javaheri

کاربر نگاه دانلود
    کاربر نگاه دانلود
    عضویت
    2015/11/27
    ارسالی ها
    امتیاز واکنش
    امتیاز
    محل سکونت
    TEHRAN
    Mr and Mrs Smith married thirty years ago, and they have lived in the same house since then. Mr Smith goes to work at eight o'clock every morning, and he gets home at half past seven every evening, from Monday to Friday.

There are quite a lot of houses in their street, and most of the neighbours are nice. But the old lady in the house opposite Mr and Mrs Smith died, and after a few weeks a young man and woman came to live in it.

Mrs Smith watched them for a few days from her window and then she said to her husband, "Bill, the man in that house opposite always kisses his wife when he leaves in the morning and he kisses her again when he comes home in the evening. Why don't you do that too?"

"Well," Mr Smith answered, "I don't know her very well yet."

dr.javaheri

کاربر نگاه دانلود
    کاربر نگاه دانلود
    عضویت
    2015/11/27
    ارسالی ها
    امتیاز واکنش
    امتیاز
    محل سکونت
    TEHRAN
    Mrs Peters had two children. Sammy was seven years old, and his sister Annie was four. Sammy went to school, but Annie did not. When Sammy was at home, he often played with Annie while their mother was cooking or washing or cleaning, and he was usually very nice to his small sister, and Mrs Peters was free to do her work quietly.

One Saturday morning, the two children were playing in the garden while their mother was cooking the lunch. They were quite happy until Annie suddenly began to cry and ran into the kitchen to her mother.

Mrs Peters stopped cooking and said, "Why are you crying, Annie?"

"Sammy"s broken my toy horse," Annie answered, crying more loudly.

"How did he break it?" her mother asked.

Annie stopped crying, but did not answer for a few seconds. Then she said, "I hit him on the head with it."

dr.javaheri

کاربر نگاه دانلود
    کاربر نگاه دانلود
    عضویت
    2015/11/27
    ارسالی ها
    امتیاز واکنش
    امتیاز
    محل سکونت
    TEHRAN
    Ted worked in a factory in a big town. He liked fishing very much, and was very good at it. Whenever he was free, he went down to the small river behind the factory and tried to catch some fish, but there were very few there, because the water was dirty. Then one summer he went to the seaside during his holidays and stayed at a small, cheap hotel.

"I've never fished in the sea before," he thought. "It will be rather different from fishing in our river."

On the first day he caught a lot of fish and was very happy. He gave them to the hotel, and they cooked them for all the guests, and they enjoyed them very much. After that, he did this every day. But when Ted got his bill at the end of the week, he saw on it:

"For oil to fry fish (7 days): £3.50."

dr.javaheri

کاربر نگاه دانلود
    کاربر نگاه دانلود
    عضویت
    2015/11/27
    ارسالی ها
    امتیاز واکنش
    امتیاز
    محل سکونت
    TEHRAN
    • Nat lived in a small town in England. He always stayed in England for his holidays, but then last year he thought, "I've never been outside this country. All my friends go to Spain, and they like it very much, so this year I'm going to go there too."

First he went to Madrid and stayed in a small hotel for a few days. On the first morning he went out for a walk. In England people drive on the left, but in Spain they drive on the right. Nat forgot about this, and while he was crossing a busy street, a bicycle knocked him down.

Nat lay on the ground for a few seconds and then he sat up and said, "Where am I?"

An old man was selling maps at the side of the street, and he at once came to Nat and said, "Map of the city, sir

وضعیت
    موضوع بسته شده است.

برخی موضوعات مشابه

بالا