کاربر نگاه دانلود
عضویت
2015/11/27
ارسالی ها
امتیاز واکنش
امتیاز
محل سکونت
TEHRAN
There were a lot of men's clubs in London a few years ago. Men went there and read their newspapers quietly, or drank or had meals with their friends.

All of these men's clubs had a lot of very good servants. At every club one of the servants was a doorman. Mr Grace was the doorman of one of these clubs. He was fifty-five years old, and he had grey hair and a big grey moustache. The telephone rang in his office at six o'clock in the evening, and a woman spoke to him. She said, "Are you the doorman of the George Club?"

"Yes, I am," Mr Grace answered.

"Please give my husband a message," the woman said. "Your husband isn't at the club this evening," Mr Grace answered.

"But I haven't told you his name!" the woman said angrily. "That isn't necessary," Mr Grace answered. "No husband is ever at the club."

• پیشنهادات
  • dr.javaheri

کاربر نگاه دانلود
    کاربر نگاه دانلود
    عضویت
    2015/11/27
    ارسالی ها
    امتیاز واکنش
    امتیاز
    محل سکونت
    TEHRAN
    Jimmy lives in London and he began swimming a few months ago. He likes swimming, and he often goes to the swimming-pool near his house with his mother and swims there for an hour or two.

He was six years old last week, and his mother said, "You swim quite well now, Jimmy, but you've never seen the sea, have you? Your father and I are going to take you there on Sunday, and you're going to swim in the sea. It cold now, and it's much nicer than a swimming-pool."

Jimmy's father and mother took him to the sea in their car on Sunday, and they stopped at the side of a small harbour. Jimmy got out and looked at the sea for a long time, but he was not very happy. Then he said to his mother, "Which is the shallow end?"

dr.javaheri

کاربر نگاه دانلود
    کاربر نگاه دانلود
    عضویت
    2015/11/27
    ارسالی ها
    امتیاز واکنش
    امتیاز
    محل سکونت
    TEHRAN
    Mrs Green was eighty, but she had a small car, and she always drove to the shops in it on Saturday and bought her food.

She did not drive fast, because she was old, but she drove well and never hit anything. Sometimes her grandchildren said to her, "Please don't drive your car, Grandmother. We can take you to the shops."

But she always said, "No, I like driving. I've driven for fifty years, and I'm not going to stop now."

Last Saturday she stopped her car at some traffic-lights because they were red, and then it did not start again. The lights were green, then yellow, then red, then green again, but her car did not start.

"What am I going to do now?" she said.

But then a policeman came and said to her kindly, "Good morning. Don't you like any of our colours today?"

dr.javaheri

کاربر نگاه دانلود
    کاربر نگاه دانلود
    عضویت
    2015/11/27
    ارسالی ها
    امتیاز واکنش
    امتیاز
    محل سکونت
    TEHRAN
    Mary was an English girl, but she lived in Rome. She was six years old. Last year her mother said to her, "You're six years old now, Mary, and you're going to begin going to a school here. You're going to like it very much, because it's a nice school."

"Is it an English school?" Mary asked.

"Yes, it is," her mother said.

Mary went to the school, and enjoyed her lessons. Her mother always took her to school in the morning and brought her home in the afternoon. Last Monday her mother went to the school at 4 o'clock, and Mary ran out of her class.

"We've got a new girl in our class today, Mummy," she said. "She's six years old too, and she's very nice, but she isn't English. She's German."

Does she speak English?" Mary's mother asked.

"No, but she laughs in English," Mary said happily.

dr.javaheri

کاربر نگاه دانلود
    کاربر نگاه دانلود
    عضویت
    2015/11/27
    ارسالی ها
    امتیاز واکنش
    امتیاز
    محل سکونت
    TEHRAN
    Mrs Jones did not have a husband, but she had two sons. They were big, strong boys, but they were lazy. On Saturdays they did not go to school, and then their mother always said, "Please cut the grass in the garden this afternoon, boys." The boys did not like it, but they always did it.

Then somebody gave one of-the boys a magazine, and he saw a picture of a beautiful lawn-mower in it. There was a seat on it, and there was a woman on the seat.

The boy took the picture to his mother and brother and said to them, "Look, that woman's sitting on the lawn-mower and driving it and cutting the grass. We want one of those."

One of those lawn-mowers?" his mother asked.

"No," the boy said. "We want one of those women. Then she can cut the grass every week."

dr.javaheri

کاربر نگاه دانلود
    کاربر نگاه دانلود
    عضویت
    2015/11/27
    ارسالی ها
    امتیاز واکنش
    امتیاز
    محل سکونت
    TEHRAN
    One of Hurry's feet was bigger than the other. "I can never find boots and shoes for my feet," he said to his friend Dick.

"Why don't you go to a shoemaker?" Dick said. "A good one can make you the right shoes."

"I've never been to a shoemaker," Harry said. "Aren't they very expensive?"

"No," Dick said, "some of them aren't. There's a good one in our village, and he's quite cheap. Here's his address." He wrote something on a piece of paper and gave it to Harry.

Harry went to the shoemaker in Deck's village a few days later, and the shoemaker made him some shoes.

Harry went to the shop again a week later and looked at the shoes. Then he said to the shoemaker angrily, "You're a silly man! I said, "Make one shoe bigger than the other," but you've made one smaller than the other!"

dr.javaheri

کاربر نگاه دانلود
    کاربر نگاه دانلود
    عضویت
    2015/11/27
    ارسالی ها
    امتیاز واکنش
    امتیاز
    محل سکونت
    TEHRAN
    One of Hurry's feet was bigger than the other. "I can never find boots and shoes for my feet," he said to his friend Dick.

"Why don't you go to a shoemaker?" Dick said. "A good one can make you the right shoes."

"I've never been to a shoemaker," Harry said. "Aren't they very expensive?"

"No," Dick said, "some of them aren't. There's a good one in our village, and he's quite cheap. Here's his address." He wrote something on a piece of paper and gave it to Harry.

Harry went to the shoemaker in Deck's village a few days later, and the shoemaker made him some shoes.

Harry went to the shop again a week later and looked at the shoes. Then he said to the shoemaker angrily, "You're a silly man! I said, "Make one shoe bigger than the other," but you've made one smaller than the other!"

dr.javaheri

کاربر نگاه دانلود
    کاربر نگاه دانلود
    عضویت
    2015/11/27
    ارسالی ها
    امتیاز واکنش
    امتیاز
    محل سکونت
    TEHRAN
    Joe Richards finished school when he was 18, and then his lather said to him, "You've passed your examinations now, Joe, and you got good marks in them. Now go and get some good work. They're looking for clever people at the bank in the town. The clerks there get quite a lot of money now."

A few days later, Joe went to the bank and asked for work there. A man took him into a small room and gave him some questions on a piece of paper. Joe wrote his answers on the paper, and then he gave them to the man.

The man looked at them for a few minutes, and then he took a pen and said to Joe, "Your birthday was on the 12th of June, Mr Richards?"

"Yes, sir," Joe said.

"What year?" the man asked.

"Oh, every year, sir," Joe said.

dr.javaheri

کاربر نگاه دانلود
    کاربر نگاه دانلود
    عضویت
    2015/11/27
    ارسالی ها
    امتیاز واکنش
    امتیاز
    محل سکونت
    TEHRAN
    Fred works in a factory. He does not have a wile, and he gets quite a lot money every week. He loves cars, and has a new one every year. He likes driving very fast, and he always buys small, fast, red cars. He sometimes takes his mother out in them, and then she always says, "But, Fred, why do you drive these cars? We're almost sitting on the road!"

Then Fred laughs and is happy. He likes being very near the road.

Fred is very tall and very fat.

Last week he came out of a shop and went to his car. There was a small boy near it. He was looking at the beautiful red car. Then he looked up and saw Fred.

"How do you get into that small car?" he asked him. Fred laughed and said, "I don't get into it. I put it on."

dr.javaheri

کاربر نگاه دانلود
    کاربر نگاه دانلود
    عضویت
    2015/11/27
    ارسالی ها
    امتیاز واکنش
    امتیاز
    محل سکونت
    TEHRAN
    Mr and Mrs Yates had one daughter. Her name was Carol, and she was nineteen years old. Carol lived with her parents and worked in an office. She had some friends, but she did not like any of the boys very much.

Then she met a very nice young man. His name was George Watts, and he worked in a bank near her office. They went out together quite a lot, and he came to Carol's parents' house twice, and then last week Carol went to her father and said, "I'm going to marry George Watts, Daddy. He was here yesterday."

"Oh, yes," her father said. "He's a nice boy-but has he got any money?"

"Oh, men! All of you are the same," the daughter answered angrily. "I met George on the first off June and on the second he said to me, "Has your father got any money?"

وضعیت
    موضوع بسته شده است.

برخی موضوعات مشابه

بالا