کاربر نگاه دانلود
عضویت
2015/11/27
ارسالی ها
امتیاز واکنش
امتیاز
محل سکونت
TEHRAN
Harry and Bob were neighbours, and they worked in the same bank. They were young and they often went out together. Then the bank sent both of them to a new town. They did not know any other people there, so on the first Saturday, Bob said to Harry, "There's a dance at the Bridge Hotel this evening. Let's go there. Perhaps we'll meet some nice girls."

Harry answered, "All right," and they went to the dance together. They danced several times with the girls there, and then Harry went to Bob and pointed to one girl.

"She's a nasty one," he said angrily. "Don't talk to her."

Bob was surprised. "Why? What happened?" he asked his friend. Harry answered, "She said to me, 'Do you dance?'"

Bob laughed and said, "But that isn't a nasty thing to say!"

"She said it while I was dancing with her," Harry answered angrily.

• پیشنهادات
  • dr.javaheri

کاربر نگاه دانلود
    کاربر نگاه دانلود
    عضویت
    2015/11/27
    ارسالی ها
    امتیاز واکنش
    امتیاز
    محل سکونت
    TEHRAN
    Mr Miller had a shop in a big town. He sold ladies' clothes, and he always had two or three shopgirls to help him. They were always young, because they were cheaper than older women, but none of them worked for him for very long, because they were young, and they did not meet many boys in a women's shop.

Last month a pretty girl came to work for him. Her name was Helen, and she was very good.

After a few days, Mr Miller saw a young man come into the shop. He went straight to Helen, spoke to her for a few minutes and then went out of the shop again.

Mr Miller was rather surprised, and when the young man left, he went to Helen and said, "That young man didn't buy anything. What did he want to see?"

Helen answered, "Me, at half past five."

dr.javaheri

کاربر نگاه دانلود
    کاربر نگاه دانلود
    عضویت
    2015/11/27
    ارسالی ها
    امتیاز واکنش
    امتیاز
    محل سکونت
    TEHRAN
    Mr Miller had a shop in a big town. He sold ladies' clothes, and he always had two or three shopgirls to help him. They were always young, because they were cheaper than older women, but none of them worked for him for very long, because they were young, and they did not meet many boys in a women's shop.

Last month a pretty girl came to work for him. Her name was Helen, and she was very good.

After a few days, Mr Miller saw a young man come into the shop. He went straight to Helen, spoke to her for a few minutes and then went out of the shop again.

Mr Miller was rather surprised, and when the young man left, he went to Helen and said, "That young man didn't buy anything. What did he want to see?"

Helen answered, "Me, at half past five."

dr.javaheri

کاربر نگاه دانلود
    کاربر نگاه دانلود
    عضویت
    2015/11/27
    ارسالی ها
    امتیاز واکنش
    امتیاز
    محل سکونت
    TEHRAN
    Harry did not stop his car at some traffic-lights when they were red, and he hit another car. Harry jumped out and went to it. There was an old man in the car. He was very frightened and said to Harry, "What are you doing? You nearly killed me!"

"Yes," Harry answered, "I'm very sorry." He took a bottle out of his car and said, "Drink some of this. Then you'll feel better." He gave the man some whisky, and the man drank it, but then he shouted again, "You nearly killed me!"

Harry gave him the bottle again, and the old man drank a lot of the whisky. Then he smiled and said to Harry, "Thank you. I feel much better now. But why aren't you drinking?"

"Oh, well," Harry answered, "I don't want any whisky now. I'm going to sit here and wait the police."

dr.javaheri

کاربر نگاه دانلود
    کاربر نگاه دانلود
    عضویت
    2015/11/27
    ارسالی ها
    امتیاز واکنش
    امتیاز
    محل سکونت
    TEHRAN
    When jimmy was a boy, he always liked watches and clocks very much. When he was eighteen years old, he went into the army, and after a year, he began to teach himself to mend watches. A lot of his friends brought him broken watches, and he mended them for them.

Then his captain heard about this, and one day he brought him a watch too and said, "My watch has stopped. Can you mend it for me, please?"

Jimmy said, "Yes, sir, I can." After a few days, he brought the watch back to the captain.

"How much do I owe you?" the officer asked.

"One pound, sir," Jimmy answered. Then he took a small box out of his pocket and gave it to the captain, saying, "Here are three wheels from your watch. I didn't find a place for them when I put everything back

dr.javaheri

کاربر نگاه دانلود
    کاربر نگاه دانلود
    عضویت
    2015/11/27
    ارسالی ها
    امتیاز واکنش
    امتیاز
    محل سکونت
    TEHRAN
    When Alan was young, he played a lot of football, and he was very good at it, but then he went and worked in a town, and there was no team for him there, so he stopped playing.

Then he began to get rather fat, so he thought, "I've stopped playing football, and in now I'm getting fat. What am I going to do?" He thought about it for a few days, and then he said to himself, "I know: I'll play tennis."

He had a few lessons, and then played for a few months.

He met a nice girl at the tennis club one day, and they played a game of tennis against another young man and woman. Alan played very badly, and was very angry with himself. "I've never played as badly as this before," he said to the girl.

"Oh," she said, "You have played before, have you?"

dr.javaheri

کاربر نگاه دانلود
    کاربر نگاه دانلود
    عضویت
    2015/11/27
    ارسالی ها
    امتیاز واکنش
    امتیاز
    محل سکونت
    TEHRAN
    Bruce was an Australian and worked for a newspaper in Sydney. Then he thought, "I want to see Europe, so I"ll go to England and work for a newspaper there for a few years."

He flew to London and soon got work, because he was good at his job.

He lived in a small but comfortable house near London, and he had a small garden. He enjoyed working in it on Saturdays and Sundays. He had nice neighbours on both sides, and they often worked in their gardens on Saturdays and Sundays too, and then they talked and joked together.

One day he was digging a hole in his garden to plant a bush when one of these neighbours came to the fence between the two gardens and looked at Bruce's work. He laughed and said, "Are you making a swimming-pool?"

"Oh, no," answered Bruce, "I'm going home."

dr.javaheri

کاربر نگاه دانلود
    کاربر نگاه دانلود
    عضویت
    2015/11/27
    ارسالی ها
    امتیاز واکنش
    امتیاز
    محل سکونت
    TEHRAN
    Dick lived in Oxford, and he had a new girl-friend. Her name was Daisy, and Dick liked her very much. One Sunday they went for picnic in the country, and when they were walking to a nice place near a river, they saw a cow and its calf.

"Look, Daisy," Dick said, "that cow's giving its calf a kiss. Isn't that nice?"

Daisy stopped and looked. Then she smiled and said, "Yes, it is, Dick. It's very pretty."

"Doesn't it make you want to have a kiss too, Daisy?' Dick said then, looking at her.

Daisy thought for a few seconds and then she said, "No, it doesn't really, Dick. Does it make you want to have one?"

"Yes, it does, Daisy," Dick answered, holding her hand.

"All right, then go and get a kiss," Daisy answered, "and I'll wait here. It looks like a nice, quiet cow."

dr.javaheri

کاربر نگاه دانلود
    کاربر نگاه دانلود
    عضویت
    2015/11/27
    ارسالی ها
    امتیاز واکنش
    امتیاز
    محل سکونت
    TEHRAN
    Joe and Fred were helping to build a house in a village. The weather was very warm, there was a lot of dust everywhere, and by half past twelve, they were very thirsty, so they stopped work to have their lunch.

They found the nearest small bar, went in and sat down with their sandwiches.

"Good afternoon, gentlemen. What can I get you?" the man behind the bar asked.

Joe looked at Fred and said, "Beer, I think. Yes, a pint of beer each. Is that all right for you, Fred?"

"Yes, that's all right," Fred said. Then he turned to the man behind the bar and said, "And I want it in a clean glass! Don't forget that."

The man behind the bar filled the glasses and brought them to Joe and Fred. Then he said, "Which of you asked for the clean glass?"

dr.javaheri

کاربر نگاه دانلود
    کاربر نگاه دانلود
    عضویت
    2015/11/27
    ارسالی ها
    امتیاز واکنش
    امتیاز
    محل سکونت
    TEHRAN
    Mr Johnson was a rich old man. He lived in a beautiful house in the country with lots of servants, but his wife was dead, and he did not have any children.

Then he died suddenly, and people said, "His servants killed him, because they wanted his money."

But the servants said, "No, he killed himself."

The police came and asked the servants a lot of questions, and after a few weeks, there was a big trial. There were two famous lawyers and several important witnesses.

"Tell me," one of the lawyers said to a witness one day, "did Mr Johnson often talk to himself when he was alone?"

"I don't know," the witness answered at once.

"You don't know?" the lawyer repeated angrily. "You don't know? But you were his best friend, weren't you? Why don't you know?"

"Because I was never with him when he was alone." the witness answered.

وضعیت
    موضوع بسته شده است.

برخی موضوعات مشابه

بالا